This video demonstrates the first steps everyone should consider taking when starting mixing a new track. I enjoy practicing with free multitrack stems available from this site, and these are also a great place for you to download tracks from many different genres to hone your skills.
Key Points to Take from this Video
- Organise the tracks according to their group/type
- Make sure headroom is available from start
- Colour code tracks for easy workflow
- Low-Cut EQ (High-Pass) everything above 20Hz (then again later in mixing if needed)
- Before adding FX, make sure the sounds are mixed with respect to panning and volume (often the correct use of these means less effects are needed)
Become a Patron!